Here are five things that got in the way of my normally scheduled workouts:
1) Traveling ---> ICYMI we were in Ohio and Budapest for three weeks (read about it here, here and here). When I travel, sometimes I can fit in workouts and other times not so much. I got in some runs, but the rest of the time I was either tired or busy.
2) Prepping for a US Navy visit: This means meetings, lots and lots of work on the computer creating documents, emailing people and keeping track of the hosting schedule.
3) Welcoming US Navy personnel at the pier and hosting sailors for a day: Monday I spent half the day pierside getting things set up for the arrival of about 5000 service men and women. They were delayed getting off the ships, so I didn't see them until I went back to meet the group I was hosting. My friends and I spent Wednesday taking the sailors to lunch and showing them around Hong Kong.
4) Attending reception aboard the USS Ronald Reagan: Ok, so I did spend the first part of the day relaxing, but I needed it after so many really busy days. Getting there takes a bus, a ferry, a taxi and a water shuttle to the ship moored in Victoria Harbour. Then we had to do it all again in reverse to get home. The two hour event was an eight hour adventure door to door. That's exhausting. (But I loved my new dress that a I've been dying to wear)
5) Appointments and Parties: a birthday bash on a junk boat for a friend, laser hair removal and the annual AWA Welcome Breakfast. The timing of these things just messes with my motivation to workout. Either I don't want to get sweaty and all that before, or I'm just worn out after.
I squeezed in a few of workouts here and there (runs, some SUP and yoga) when I could and when I had the energy, but it is not the same as when I am on my regular schedule.
Next week is already looking better because I have reserved spots in two of my favorite fitness classes. I think just getting to the first one on Monday will set the tone for the rest of the week.
How about you?
Do you need to schedule your workouts? Follow a plan?