When people start thinking about changing their habits to lose weight or get healthy, they sometimes follow methods or trends that will make it hard to be successful.
People often think of eating healthy as one of these:
- Cutting calories or following a calorie deficit
- Giving up fun, favorite foods -> like donuts, pizza, wine
- Eating boring, bland and plain food day after day
- Following rigid rules that interfere with everyday life
None of that is healthy!
Eating healthy means:
- Confidently eating the right amount food for you and your goals. Fueling your body properly, not under-eating, so that it performs optimally. Consuming the right amount of macronutrients to build muscle and increase your metabolism to burn fat effectively.
- Eating with intent and planning those fun, favorite foods. Choosing foods in a thoughtful way so that it fits your macros (known as if it fits your macros, IIFYM, method). Not eliminating certain foods or food groups forever is healthier because it is more realistic. It creates a healthy mindset about food.
- Enjoying a variety of delicious whole food from every macronutrient. Fruits, veggies, meat, poultry
- Focusing on progress, not perfection. Making healthy choices one day at a time. Learning how to deal with struggles and push past them to reach goals. Figuring out how healthy eating can be a lifestyle, that's not perfect, but still healthy.
These are some of the things that you will focus on when you join my FASTer Way to Fat Loss® tribe. We will focus on how to make eating healthy work for you and your lifestyle LONG TERM.
My next round starts soon. Click here to learn more and to register! I would love to help you reach your health and fitness goals!