This month I have been diving into plant-based eating. I'm doing this for a couple of reasons:
1. February is heart month and it is said that eating more plants and less meat is good for your heart among many other things like cancer prevention, boosted energy, neurological disease prevention
2. My step-daughters live plant-based lifestyles, so this will give me more insight into what they are eating and what we can prepare when we are together
3. I'm taking on this challenge with the FASTer Way community, so I am not alone as I navigate my way into a new way of eating.
Most of my recipes are found online or come from the FASTer Way meal plan. I love this smoothie that Jennifer Garner shared on social media. Plant based, great for low carb days and I almost always have all of the ingredients on hand!
Now, you don't have be a plant-based eater to enjoy this smoothie. I made it plenty of times before taking the plant-based challenge. I mean, it's just packed with healthy whole foods. Plus, it is absolutely delicious!
- 1 or 2 scoops chocolate protein (I love this one because it’s even good as a shake with just water!)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (this one is my favorite - 1 ingredient!)
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Handful fresh spinach
- Small handful ice
- Small handful blueberries
Blend and serve!
Full disclosure - it is a green smoothie, but I promise it tastes better than it looks. And that is also why I have not included a picture of it blended :) Enjoy!!
Let me know if you have any questions or if you give it a try!