Since I already had the yoga mat out, I played this silly how-to-get-thinner-legs-even-if-you're-lazy video that I saw on Facebook. It was quite amusing and surprisingly, not all bad!
On Monday I missed the cardio party, so I made up for it by doing Bodystep class today. It didn't really fit the workout plan for the day, but I figured it was ok since I had two extra rest days at the beginning of the week. No over-use problems to worry about.
The class was AWESOME! How do I know it was awesome?
1. I burned nearly 600 calories in the hour long class (598 according to my Apple watch).
2. I was so sweaty at the end that I could barely hold onto my legs during reclined pigeon stretch
3. My hair was so wet you would think I had showered.
4. My face was bright red even after riding the bus back to the apartment.
5. It was a super fun cardio party!!!
mrC and I ran some errands after lunch and I was quickly reminded why people stay indoors in the afternoon around here. It is seriously hot!
Low calorie day - the meals
Broke fast before class again (about 9am). One PB&J apple cinnamon rice cake.
Brunch around 12:30: two scrambled eggs with ham (topped with my favorite seasoning) two PB&J apple cinnamon rice cakes and orange juice.
Snack - mini bag of Cheez-its
Dinner: left over buffalo chicken quinoa and corn. Followed by a bowl of watermelon.
What is your typical active recovery workout?
Ever skipped your recovery day for something awesome?