Based on real events, this movie tells the story of a group of boys destined to live a life picking in the fields of California until their teacher convinces them to run cross country. This movie is about more than just running though. It teaches many lessons that we can all take away whether we are runners or not.
1. Believe in yourself. Together they learn that they can achieve so much more than they thought they could. They begin to see a future for themselves once they start to open up and trust each other.
2. Never quit. These boys fight through underdog status and cultural barriers just to run. Even when it's hard and you feel like no one believes in you, you have to keep going.
3. Chase your dreams. The boys were afraid to dream because life was pretty bleak for them. Just because no one before you has done it, doesn't make it impossible. If you want something you have to be willing to go after it.
4. Do what you love. Working hard was never a problem for the boys. They worked hard for their families, but it wasn't what they loved. Once they followed their hearts, happiness followed. You can't put limits on your happiness. Love what you do and you will be happy
5. Stick together.The failures and successes bring the team, the coach, and the community together in ways that can't be broken. So much more can be accomplished together than on your own. Loyalty is so much more valuable than a high paying job or fancy neighborhood.
Have you seen any good movies recently?
This post is part of the Fitness Friday link up hosted by Jill