I'm super excited because tomorrow I'll be heading to Providence, Rhode Island for a mini-weekend. On Sunday I will be running half marathon #5.
I'm going to be squeezing in as much fun as I can this weekend:
- First stop after lunch is the Health & Fitness Expo held at the Rhode Island Convention Center. Here I will pick up our registration packets, swag bags, and race shirts before strolling the exhibits and visiting some of my favorite vendors. I'm really looking forward to stopping by Sweaty Bands.
- While we're at the expo, I'm looking forward to seeing some FitFluential friends at the FitFluential Meet-up! The plans are still in the works, but I'm hoping to see Janine, Samantha, Dani, and maybe Charlotte, and Robin.
- If there's time, I would like to attend one of the Fitness Clinics where runners can get some awesome tips from running legends and experts like Olympian Marc Davis, World Record Marathoner Khalid Khannouchi, and Boston Winner Geoff Smith.
- My husband and I will be meeting up with my friend Daisy (who is also running the half marathon) and her husband for pre-race dinner. Federal Hill is known for it's variety of Italian restaurants, and that is exactly what we are looking for!
- It's WaterFire Weekend in Providence, so after dinner we are planning to walk over to WaterPlace Park Basin to see over 80 sparkling water bonfires and listen to the music.
- Sunday morning it's time to Rock 'n Roll! We'll be up early and heading to the State House for the 7:00 AM start.
- After the race we'll hang out at the Finish Line Festival, enjoy a free live performance by Karmin, and celebrate our new bling!
As I told you in this post, the weather didn't play nice last year. I really hope that it cooperates this time for a fantastic mini-weekend in Providence and a great half marathon.
You can catch some of the fun via Twitter (#RnRProv), Instagram, and Facebook.
What are your running plans this weekend?
If you're going to be at RnRPROV, be sure to let me know!
Don't forget to check out other Fitness Friday posts over at Fitness, Health, and Happiness.